1. Published papers on world top journals: Six research papers in the fields of population dynamics, social development, ecosystem, development and human wellbeing were published in Science, Nature and The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS);
2. Main research projects: Three key projects and three priority projects supported by National Social Science Foundation of China, over 40 projects sponsored by National Natural Science Foundation and National Social Science Foundation of China, over 30 international collaborative projects;
3. Main awards: Received more than 30 awards at National or provincial level, including two first-class and two third-class awards of National Scientific and Technological Progress of China, one Chinese Population Award, and one Fudan Premium Management Award.
4. Established the first experimental zone in the world for improving girl child living environment together with the former National Population and Family Planning Commission in Chaohu City of Anhui Province, which finally developed into a national policy platform called “Caring for Girls Campaign”, with the institute as the nationally significant think-tank for the activity; the work in Gender and Development has been reported by Science.
5. One of the earliest management science research groups that received support by the Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University of Ministry of Education of China, and received renewal support.
6. Member of Collaborative Innovative Center of Social Governance and Social Policy Studies at Xi’an Jiaotong University. The center is one of the first key research bases of philosophy and social sciences in Shaanxi Province, and one of the first nine provincial think tanks in Shaanxi Province.